Bridge house in the centre of Dungarvan has had many uses since it was originally constructed around 1840. Although unmaintained for several years, the building still contains many original features from the time when it was used as a bank and is still in reasonably sound condition. Works are currently underway to convert the former bank into a modern fine dining restaurant and bar.
Key Tasks and Challenges:
- Works to a protected structure
- Civil and Structural Engineering
- Preparation of Fire Safety and Disability Access Certificate applications
- Acting as Assigned Certifier.
- Water proofing original basement and basement extension
Client: Michael Ryan
Architect: Coda Architects