The Printed Image operate a large printing and graphic design business from an industrial building in Fonthill. Due to the expansion of their graph design business, they required additional office space. In conjunction with our Client, we developed a two story internal extension over an existing ground floor office area. We obtained the necessary statutory permissions including planning permission, Fire Safety and Disability Access certificates. Having developed a set of architectural and structural drawings for the works, we monitored the works while they were ongoing.
Key Tasks and Challenges:
- Alterations to an existing building
- Working within a confined site within a live factory containing sensitive machinery
- Planning, Fire Safety and Disability Access Certificate applications
- Structural Engineering design, taking account of limited access
- Creating new modern office space
Client: The Printed Image