As part of the ongoing measures to tackle the homeless crisis, Dublin City Council undertook the conversion and extension of an existing office building to a 26 family homeless hub. With the works being carried out to a strict timetable, modular building systems were used to extend the existing building. The development was opened on target for Christmas 2017.
Key Tasks and Challenges:
- Assigned Certifier, Fire Safety and Disability Access applications
- Works carried out on a tight timetable.
- Preparation of Fire Safety Certificate and Commencement Notice in 3 days
- Fire safety inspection of modular building system and existing buildings
- Tight brown field urban site
Client: Dublin City Council
Architect: Downey MacConville Architects