30 Main Street Chapelizod dates from 1820 and was the former post office. Left unoccupied for almost 30 years, the building was in a derelict condition. The redevelopment involved converting the upper floors into two apartments and the ground floor into a new retail unit. We undertook to obtain Fire Safety and Disability Access Certificates for the work and to design the necessary Civil and Structural Engineering interventions, all in sympathy with the historic nature of the building.
Key Tasks and Challenges:
- Refurbishment of a derelict Protected Structure.
- Civil and Structural Engineering design.
- Structural repairs to failed front elevation.
- Fire Safety and Disability Access certificate applications.
- Acting as Assigned Certifier for works on a Protected Structure.
- 3d Revit model to aid design and construction.
Client: Private Client
Architect: Dublin Planning